I made this cheesecake for Christmas and it was definitely a hit. As I’m writing now I have another one in the oven because my husband fell in love with it. He requested another one. Thank you my sister for such a great cheesecake recipe!!!
The Best Cheesecake EVER
Learn how to make the best cheesecake with this melt in your mouth recipe!
Prep Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 17 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 42 minutes
Servings: 20 servings
For the Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the Cheesecake
- 32 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 and 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
Make the Crust
- Move the oven rack to the lower third position and heat the oven to 350°F. Wrap the outer bottom of a 9-inch springform pan tightly with aluminum foil. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about 2-inches up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
Make the Cheesecake
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and sour cream, beat until well combined. Add the vanilla, beat on low speed until smooth. Using a silicone spatula, gently stir in the eggs just until combined. Pour the batter over the prepared crust.
Fill a roasting pan with a few inches of boiling water and place the cheesecake in the center. Bake for 1 hour, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Turn the oven off, leave the cheesecake in the water bath in the oven for another hour.
- get full instructions @ bakedbyanintrovert.com